1) Establish your value. You should come up with what differentiates your company and then whenever you tell people about your business include it in there so they can think of ways to help you.
2) Form partnerships. Think of who else your target customers are buying from and form partnerships with them so you can all benefit.
3) Extend your value. Extend the value you bring your clients… go from being a commodity supplier that they deal with every now and then to a critical business partner who they can’t live without!
4) Focus on one thing and be the best at it. I learned it is better to do one product well than two products in a mediocre way.
5) Model success. Look at the top people who have done what you’re trying to do and copy their strategies.
6) Be yourself. Instead of memorizing a sales script, try to tap into what the real problem is and how you would solve it.
By Evan Carmichael on March 15th, 2011