1. Build downtime into your schedule. When you plan your week, make it a point to schedule time with your family and friends and activities that help you recharge.
2. Drop activities that sap your time or energy.
3. Rethink your errands. Consider whether you can outsource any of your time-consuming household chores or errands.
4. Get moving. It's hard to make time for exercise when you have a jam-packed schedule, but experts say that it may ultimately help you get more done by boosting your energy level and ability to concentrate.
5. Remember that a little relaxation goes a long way. Don't get overwhelmed by assuming that you need to make big changes to bring more balance to your life.