1. Understand that you as the business owner are responsible for everything that happens in your business. You cannot delegate that responsibility.
2. The attitude of the business owner is reflected in the employees working in the business. If you don’t like the attitude you see in your employees – look in the mirror.
3. Personal growth and business growth are not the same but they are closely related. When you stop growing as a person you stop growing your business.
4. Know that you don’t know everything. It is not possible. When you come to that realization, investing in trusted advisors makes so much sense and it becomes an easy decision.
5. Life is short. Enjoy what you do and others will see that and be attracted to you. It is fun to work with and be around someone who is positive and excited about what they do. If you don’t like what you do, find something else to do.
6. Give others credit for their contribution to your success. Everyone loves to be a part of something bigger than themselves and to be recognized for their contribution to the overall success of the organization.
7. Know that your success is tied directly to how well you motivate, manage, inspire, sell and encourage people. Your success, especially as you grow your business comes through the performance of others.
8. If you can’t measure it how do you know it works? Measure everything.
9. You must understand how the business you are creating will help you create the life you want. There can be no misunderstanding. True success lies in creating a business that is consistent with and supports the life you want to create.
10. Develop a passion for your work and have fun!
By: Ron Finklestein, Small Business Success Expert