A strategic management model in seven steps:
1. Analyze the overall goal and the purpose of the project.
2. Asses the objectives, activities and values of the project.
3. Assess current strengths, successes and achievements. Consider quantitative and qualitative results.
4. Analyze what contributed to them (consider internal/external resources and capabilities).
5. Asses challenges and gaps. Analyze what contributed to each.
6. Adjust your current project plan in order to reflect best practices and a strategy to fill gaps.
7. Develop a generative vision. What is it about this project that inspired and will inspire to implement? How would success look like?
This strategic management model will help you manage and lead at the same time.