Thursday, October 28, 2010
SAFETY REMINDERS FOR THE HOLIDAY AND LONG WEEKEND
If you are planning to embark on a trip for the holiday and long weekend the following tips may be of use before leaving the house
1. If you would be gone for the long weekend, tell neighbors, relatives and friends to look after the house while you are out or better yet have someone stay over the weekend.
2. Have all probable entry points, for example doors, windows, uncovered air vents and ceilings, and weak walls, which may be used by criminal elements, reinforced, sealed off or locked properly.
3. Check first all electrical appliances and electronic devices, and see to it that they are switched off, unplugged and batteries disengaged and ensure that all Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) tanks are closed and leak-free.
4. If there would be a good system of maintaining night time protective lighting around the house without compromising safety and the occurrence of fire, then do it.
5. In case you would be using your own vehicles for short or long trips, see to it that the vehicle is in good condition and that all on-the-road trouble shooting and emergency equipment are placed inside the vehicle.
6. Remember to have a final itinerary listed before proceeding with your trips and prepare to bring along some food stuffs and clean drinking water and first aid kit within reach for your trip.